By Jörg Rüpke
- An cutting edge advent to Roman faith
- Approaches the sector with a spotlight at the human-figures rather than the gods
- Analyzes spiritual adjustments from the 8th century BC to the fourth century advert
- Offers the 1st background of non secular motifs on cash and household/everyday utensils
- Presents Roman faith inside of its cultural, social, and ancient contexts
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Religion (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
During this vigorous and particular research, Beth Severy examines the connection among the emergence of the Roman Empire and the prestige and position of this family members in Roman society. The relations is positioned in the social and old context of the transition from republic to empire, from Augustus' upward thrust to sole energy into the early reign of his successor Tiberius.
The papyri of Egypt supply a wealthy and complicated photo of this significant Roman province and supply an unheard of perception into how a Roman province truly labored. in addition they have enough money a helpful window into historical financial habit and lifestyle. This research is the 1st systematic remedy of the function of land shipping in the financial lifetime of Roman Egypt, a daily fiscal task on the heart of the economic climate not just of Egypt yet of the Roman international.
First released in 2014. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an Informa company.
Whereas Gaiseric has no longer turn into a loved ones identify like different 'barbarian' leaders equivalent to Attila or Genghis Khan, his sack of Rome in AD455 has made his tribe, the Vandals, synonymous with senseless destruction. Gaiseric, even though, was once no moronic thug, proving himself a hugely skilful political and army chief and used to be one of many dominant forces in Western Mediterranean quarter for nearly part a century.
- Cäsar und der Bürgerkrieg (German Edition)
- Das Recht der 'Soldatenkaiser': Rechtliche Stabilität in Zeiten politischen Umbruchs? (German Edition)
- The Seleukid Royal Economy: The Finances and Financial Administration of the Seleukid Empire
- Spectacular Power in the Greek and Roman City
- The Antonines: The Roman Empire in Transition
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Religion (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)