By G. Kempf
Read or Download Algebraic Varieties (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
Topology is the mathematical examine of the main uncomplicated geometrical constitution of an area. Mathematical physics makes use of topological areas because the formal skill for describing actual area and time. This ebook proposes a very new mathematical constitution for describing geometrical notions resembling continuity, connectedness, obstacles of units, etc, as a way to offer a greater mathematical software for realizing space-time.
Over the past fifteen years fractal geometry has demonstrated itself as a considerable mathematical concept in its personal correct. The interaction among fractal geometry, research and stochastics has hugely inspired contemporary advancements in mathematical modeling of complex constructions. This technique has been pressured by means of difficulties in those parts with regards to functions in statistical physics, biomathematics and finance.
Complicated reviews in natural arithmetic, quantity 18-I: fresh subject matters in Differential and Analytic Geometry provides the advancements within the box of analytical and differential geometry. This e-book presents a few generalities approximately bounded symmetric domain names. prepared into components encompassing 12 chapters, this quantity starts with an summary of harmonic mappings and holomorphic foliations.
This ebook starts off with a concise yet rigorous assessment of the elemental notions of projective geometry, utilizing undemanding and smooth language. The target isn't just to set up the notation and terminology used, but in addition to provide the reader a short survey of the subject material. within the moment half, the publication offers greater than 2 hundred solved difficulties, for lots of of which a number of replacement suggestions are supplied.
- Smooth Four-Manifolds and Complex Surfaces (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Topological Dimension and Dynamical Systems (Universitext)
- Chaos, Dynamics, and Fractals: An Algorithmic Approach to Deterministic Chaos (Cambridge Nonlinear Science Series)
- Differential Geometry: Bundles, Connections, Metrics and Curvature (Oxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Graphs on Surfaces: Dualities, Polynomials, and Knots (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Algebraic Varieties (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)