By Mark A. Franklin,Patrick Crowley,Haldun Hadimioglu,Peter Z. Onufryk
As the call for for electronic conversation networks has elevated, so have the demanding situations in community part layout. to fulfill ever-escalating functionality, flexibility, and economic system requisites, the networking has opted to construct items round community processors. those new chips variety from task-specific processors, resembling category and encryption engines, to extra general-purpose packet or communications processors. Programmable but application-specific, their designs are adapted to successfully enforce communications functions comparable to routing, protocol research, voice and information convergence, firewalls, VPNs, and QoS.
Network processor layout is an rising box with concerns and possibilities either quite a few and ambitious. to aid meet this problem, the editors of this quantity created the 1st Workshop on community Processors, a discussion board for scientists and engineers from academia and to debate their most modern examine within the structure, layout, programming, and use of those units. as well as together with the result of the Workshop during this quantity, the editors additionally current in particular commissioned fabric from training designers, who speak about their businesses' most modern community processors. Network Processor layout: concerns and Practices is a necessary reference on community processors for graduate scholars, researchers, and working towards designers.
* comprises contributions from significant educational and commercial learn labs together with Aachen collage of know-how; Cisco structures; Infineon applied sciences; Intel Corp.; North Carolina kingdom college; Swiss Federal Institute of expertise; college of California, Berkeley; collage of Dortmund; college of Washington; and Washington college.
* Examines the newest community processors from Agere structures, Cisco, IBM, Intel, Motorola, Sierra Inc., and TranSwitch.
Read Online or Download Network Processor Design: Issues and Practices (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) PDF
Similar systems architecture books
Why do not regular firm initiatives pass as easily as tasks you increase for the net? Does the remainder architectural variety fairly current a possible substitute for development disbursed platforms and enterprise-class functions? during this insightful ebook, 3 SOA specialists supply a down-to-earth clarification of relaxation and reveal how one can enhance uncomplicated and chic dispensed hypermedia platforms by means of using the Web's guiding ideas to universal company computing difficulties.
The publication isn't prepared by way of product, fairly by way of the governance and probability insurance methods. A given product will be represented in a number of locations in the publication and a given technique may well include a number of product references. to make sure that we preserve ourselves grounded in actual difficulties, the publication is written as a magazine of a fictional corporation constructing its governance tactics.
Grasp your Raspberry Pi in a flash with this easy-to-follow advisor Raspberry Pi For Dummies, second version is a entire advisor to this fascinating expertise, totally up-to-date to align with the Rev three board. Veteran expertise authors supply professional perception and suggestions that get you up and working speedy, permitting you to discover the total functions of your Raspberry Pi.
This publication introduces diversified interconnection networks utilized to diversified structures. Interconnection networks are used to speak processing devices in a multi-processor process, routers in conversation networks, and servers in info facilities. Queuing concepts are utilized to interconnection networks to aid a better usage of assets.
- Configuration Management: Expert guidance for IT service managers and practitioners
- Network-on-Chip Architectures: A Holistic Design Exploration: 45 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- Highly Available Storage for Windows Servers (Veritas)
- Speculative Execution in High Performance Computer Architectures (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer and Information Science Series)
- Introduction to Open Core Protocol: Fastpath to System-on-Chip Design
Extra resources for Network Processor Design: Issues and Practices (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)